Thursday, March 27, 2008

Mine Camp/Monument Peak

Mine Camp Peak


County: Millard
Peak elevation: 10,222'
One way hiking distance: ~3/4 miles
Elevation gain: 400'
Date hiked: Aug 25, 2007


County: Carbon
Peak elevation: 10,452'
One way hiking distance: 0 miles
Elevation gain: 0'
Date hiked: Aug 25, 2007

This was kind of a fun tour of Central Utah trip that Sophie and I took one Saturday that Erika was working. We started by driving down to Filmore then headed south east into the mountains. It was a pretty rough road for about 10 miles where we finally reached the trail head for Mine Camp Peak. It was just a quick down 1/4 mile then up about 1/2 mile. Very easy except that there wasn't a trail. We had to kind of bush wack it. After we got back in the car we continued driving south east through the mountains for about 10 miles until we came out at Richfield. From there we drove north through Manti, Ephraim and Fairview and then we went east towards Electric Lake. At a certain point we took a dirt road south and drove for about 5 miles until we got to the peak. We were able to drive right up to the top. We got out, looked around for about 10 seconds, then went back to the highway. We then drove to Scofield Reservoir and I let Sophie play in the lake for about 20 minutes. She was getting pretty restless after being in the car all day. Then from Scofield we drove north to highway 6, then back to I-15 then home.

2 comments:

Becky Workman said...

I love it Will!

steph said...

wow, this is cool will. I just saw the link off your other blog. Good job.